Monday, June 16, 2008

The Battle Line

My wife and I were driving to the Antietam National Battlefield near Sharpsburg, Maryland. A neat red-brick church grabbed mv attention. I pulled the car into the church parking lot, reached for my camera, and said to Dorothy, "I've got to get a picture of this." In big white letters on the building was the name:

BATTLEFIELD BIBLE CHURCH

How typical. I thought. feeling a bit judgmental about some congregations that claim to be true to the Bible yet are so prone to infighting

Gently God', Spirit began challenging my spirit. I derided to chat with the pastor. He smiled when I told him what Caused me to stop and capture his church on film. "There are three reasons behind our name," he said. "First, it identifies our location. Second,-we want to be on the battlefield for Christ. And third. we never want this church to become a battlefield." I suddenly realized that this congregation had not lost sight of where the real action is.

There may be times when we must disagree with fellow believers and even oppose them. But we must never let that distract us from our real enemy. Satan, and where the battle line must always be drawn. -DJD

We waste out time and hurt our friends
And couse ourselves great woe
When we as Christians our sights
Away from our real foe


DIVIDE AND CONQUER IS A STRATEGY OF SATAN

No comments:

Post a Comment