Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reflecting Christ

The only way most unbelievers will see Jesus is by seeing Him in the lives of Christians. We are called and equipped by the Holy Spirit to reflect His character.

I recently talked with a 38-year-old medical doctor who takes this responsibility seriously. She has chosen to serve in a federal penitentiary rather than have her own private practice. She is convinced that the only way many of the prisoners will see Jesus is by observing the actions of Christians who choose to work with them. Although most of them seem untouched by her kindness and compassion, she faithfully gives treatment to all of them. The fact that a few have responded is reward enough.

After my conversation with this doctor. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that God leaves us on earth to reflect the kindness, love, and purity of Christ. I recalled that a man once said to me, "If God wants me to believe on Jesus, why doesn't He send Him down and have Him hover over us until everyone has seen Him?" I told him that God has no obligation to do this. The biblical record of what He did in Christ is enough to bring about faith.

As I think back, I wonder if that man saw Jesus in me. Can people see Him in you`? -HVL

Help us. O Lord, to live our lives
So people clearly see
Reflections of Your caring heart,
Your love an purity


WE ARE THE ONLY PICTURE OF CHRIST SOME PEOPLE WILL EVER SEE

No comments:

Post a Comment